Friday, September 21, 2012

The Canyon

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be." -Anne Frank

A few days ago I was feeling overwhelmed. Suffering on my children's behalf. School started and a
few of my children are having real struggles. These trials are small in the scheme of things and will pass before we know it, but in the moment they are encompassing. I went for a bike ride one evening, wanting to escape for a minute. I returned home after an hour as a new person. Being outdoors renews my soul. It helps me see things with an eternal perspective. I heard someone once say that being in nature can change us because everything around us testifies of Christ. I can feel its truthfulness. I love that I live somewhere I can ride a bike
and escape to nature.

No comments: