Wednesday, November 30, 2011

home for the holidays








Tessa is our Old English Sheepdog. She was bred by an ultimate dog lover in Texas. He decided to take her back this summer to train her and winner her a championship free of charge. All we had to do was get her there. She was gone seven months. My kids and husband had a hard time with that. She's home now. She's very different than when she left. She's behaved. She's pretty. She's calm. I've started to get how dogs can be part of the family. I'm not a natural animal lover. They're cute and all, as long as I don't have to touch them or smell them. I'm feeling differently though. She's kinda fun.



We've been trying to decide what to do with her. We got her thinking my 8 year old would like to "show" her. She just makes you smile when you see her. She attracts people everywhere we go. She's very unique here in Utah, and too much fun not to share somehow. We're thinking we might start by making her a therapy dog and taking her places like the children's hospital. Lucy had a dog visitor while in primary children's. She would definitely break up the monotony for kids who are in the hospital long term. I'll keep you apprised.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Carlie your dog is so cute! I think you're idea is Fabulous! kids will love her :)

Abraham and Sara said...

I am NOT a dog person but Tessa is gorgeous and now I kind of want an Old English Sheepdog :)