Monday, July 11, 2011

My very first harvest


My husband comes from an amazing gardening family. My dad always had something growing in our backyard. You'd think we would have a pretty good shot at being good gardeners but that hasn't been the case. We have tried a few times over the years but have never made it to harvest time without completely giving up. After a few too many years of this dirty little secret in the corner of my backyard I decided it was time to take things into my own hands.After a lot of work and some great help from my husband and my amazing friend (yes, she did the sprinklers all by herself-I watched and learned) this is the finished product.
My dirty little secret is now those amazing (but tiny) strawberries. Hopefully I can figure out how to get them a little bigger.






1 comment:

Sister Shayla Shepherd said...

Carlie, It's BEAUTIFUL! I'm so impressed!