Thursday, August 5, 2010

Too Close for Comfort

This picture from ksl

Living in Utah, I am used to the late summer afternoon thunderstorms that roll in and roll out in a New York minute. I actually really enjoy a good ol' storm when I can sit on my mom's back porch and look over the whole valley and watch the clouds make their way up from the south to us in the north.I have never, in my 13 years as a Utahn, experienced thunder for 48 hours straight. These last two days have been amazing_annoying_ear-piercing_house-shaking_ready-to-drive-me-crazy kinda wonder-light-nin ! I don't think people believed my when I told them how loud it was. Here's proof. A tree in our school-yard 1 and a half blocks from our house. These pictures don't do it justice, but it looked like someone set off a bomb in the top of this tree. There were pieces everywhere!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: