Thursday, July 8, 2010

Definitely Half Full


As we celebrate our country's birthday this month I have been thinking a lot about my life. It just can't get much better. I was born in a remarkable time in the world's history, filled with privileges and conveniences that not many in the scheme of things gets to experience. I was born in a great nation that protects our freedoms (if you don't believe that, read Half the Sky and see what so many women around the world experience). My youngest is out of diapers, my oldest is starting to babysit a little, my kids are all happy and somewhat :) well adjusted. I have a religion that teaches me how to be happy and so many people around me that love me. I live in a beautiful place that's safe and clean.


There are so many things to make us happy and for some reason that seems like a fleeting characteristic. What makes you happy? Sometimes we all need a little reminder, right?


Here's a few things on my list today...

-warm weather

-holidays

-high-pitched baby voices

-reassurance from a preschool teacher

-sleeping in

-popsicles

-planning and thinking about upcoming family celebrations

-fresh paint on the walls.

2 comments:

Laura said...

hello...just stumbled across your blog...very darling but one of my pet peeves is the mis-spelling of definitely...just some FYI! Everything else looks very professional.

Carlie said...

Thanks for the criticism. I'm sure I will always remember the correct spelling from now on.