Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Big Week


This week holds a lot of anticipation for me. My baby is turning 2. This has recently become a big deal to me. She's not a baby anymore and I am transitioning out of those baby stages. I am definitely happy about this move from babies to kids and I am thrilled at the mobility it gives me. I feel like I have been chained to my house for the last 2 years. Have you ever tried taking 4 kids (2 babies) to the grocery store? Just picture it...me pushing the cart, 2 big kids holding on either side, and 2 babies (one down and one up) in the shopping cart. I know, you're thinking, were do you put the groceries? My point, exactly. It's exciting but a little sad at the same time. I love the 18 months-2 year stage and I never get to go through that again. I love listening to them figure out language, try to fit in with the big kids, and develop their own little personalities and quirks. I am moving into a new phase of life. I can see in the near future a time when all my kids will be in school (crazy!). I am going to have to figure out what to do with myself. Where do I want to go in this next stage of life? What do I want to become? I never thought I would be here but it has come so fast! Lots to think about!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm wiping away tears, Carlie! my baby is right there too, no longer much of a baby but a big boy who fits right in with his big brothers. I still call him baby, but I"m trying to stop because he's a big boy now! :)
ps. the store is still hard for me, though....

DeAnn said...

I floated over to your blog from Becky's...I hear ya!! My baby turns 2 in August. I have 4 kiddos and no plans for me so it's the end of an era. Very bittersweet.