Friday, December 7, 2007

Traditions

Wow! It's been a long time since I've posted. I guess I haven't had much to say, just lots to do with Christmas coming. I love Christmastime and all of the traditions there are. One of the traditions that I have decided to carry from my childhood to my own little family is reading a Christmas story every night in December up until Christmas. In my home (we has 3 girls and 1 boy) we would read the story, usually a true short story, and score it according to how many of us were in tears by the end. I decided we better stick to children's books this year since my oldest is 7. I still shed a few tears depending on the story. Anyways, to get to the point, last night we read Queen of Christmas, by Mary Engelbreit, a favorite illustrator of mine since childhood. It was a darling story with a great little message that my kids were able to pick up on.
What is one or your favorite traditions? I'd love to hear!

No comments: