Tuesday, December 18, 2007

So Blessed!


As Christmas draws near and I find myself consumed with wrapping gifts and making sugar cookies, I wanted to take a minute to record my many blessings in life; mostly for my own benefit, but maybe also to help you remember and recognize how blessed you are. I have so many things to be thankful for.


*I have a husband who loves me and takes care of me and so many others. (After a long day at work he is off fixing a furnace for one of our tenants so they can have a warm Christmas.)


* I have 4 of the most beautiful children, who bring me so much work (ha, ha) and better yet so much joy. They make me laugh everyday and help me stay grounded. I am humbled at the blessing and job I have of raising children.


*I am grateful for an understanding of Jesus Christ and His role as my Savior. I am grateful to know that Christmas is a celebration of His birth into this world and the best way to celebrate Him is to serve others as He has served all of us.


*I am grateful for music. I am touched by music. I have felt impressed to include music more in my home. I got an early Christmas present, a piano, and hope to learn to play. I also learned how to use iTunes recently (not blessed with computer skills!). My kids love to dance to my crazy music with me.


*Family. I am within an hour or two of so many people who love me and want the best for me. I have lived away (briefly) and know how much it strengthens me to be around family. I have always said that my kids are well rounded because they have so many people who love them (especially their Gammie and Grandpa who live around the corner, literally).


*Freedom. I am so grateful to live in such a wonderful country where we are able to pursue our dreams and practice whatever religion we believe in. This might sound cheesy, but I have lived overseas in times of war and felt scared for my life. I know how blessed we are to live peacefully and safely.


*Friends. I went to a wedding recently for my best friend Jackie from the second grade, who has been amazing at keeping in touch. I recognized how important friendships are and how fun it is to go through life when we have other's to share it with.
*Health. I have given birth to 4 children and have had no complications with any of them. We are all healthy, which is a blessings that I know not everyone has in their lives.
*Beauty. I love things that are beautiful. Fabric, color, art, a clean house, a crisp blue sky behind the beautiful mountains in my backyard, and photographs of my children.
*Comforts. A nice warm house when it's snowy outside, my car, Christmas treats, TiVo, cell phones, hoodies, my comfy bed, and online shopping.
I hope and pray that during this Christmas week we can all share our blessings with those around us. Search for ways to serve your neighbors and be an instrument in the hands of God. I hope I can be His servant and show Him how grateful I am for all of my many blessings in life. Merry Christmas!




No comments: